Don’t miss the opportunity to look round Linlithgow’s own museum, “The Linlithgow Story”. The museum, run by Linlithgow Heritage Trust, is situated in Annet House in the High Street just 250 meters west of the Cross.
The museum tells the story of Linlithgow and its growth during the reigns of the Stewart kings of Scotland . It also tells of trades of the town and something of the life of the people. The story is told using not only traditional museum artifacts but through audio and video presentations.
The museum has an extensive terraced garden which contains displays of herbs, fruit trees and bushes. The garden offers spectacular views across the town to the historic St Michaels Church dedicated in 1242 and to Linlithgow Palace, birthplace, in 1542, of Mary, Queen of Scots.
The museum will open for the Season on 21st March and will close on 31st October.
The hours are:
11am to 5pm Mon-Sat
1pm to 4pm Sun
The charges for admission are:
£5.00 Family ticket
Posted in museum